SPVR MGD CARE COLLECTIONS
Job posting number: #7067342 (Ref:hlj_26324)
Posted: June 30, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- The goal of the Managed Care Collections department is to effect rapid and accurate reimbursement from third party payers timely and accurately, work closely with AR department to ensure remittances and payments are timely and accurately posted as well as other patient account collection functions in accordance with payer contracts and Moffitt' s policies and procedures.
- Will supervise the Collectors, team leader responsible for patient account analysis, collections and functions.
- be proficient with data analysis and quality checking;
- be able to manage multiple, competing priorities;
- be able to understand and interpret medical terminology; and
- demonstrate expert knowledge of managed care contracts reimbursement methodology, calculations and language and third party payer reimbursement and billing policies.
- Assist in the developing and implementation of processes, policies and procedures to ensure consistent, compliant and prompt patient account review, follow up and resolution.
- Ensures collection and recording in the appropriate systems of all data necessary for accurate reimbursement and compliant patient accounting.
- Serves as Peer Mentor to assist in staff training, mentoring, and development, while providing feedback to the Supervisor of Managed Care.
- Maintains and monitors the guidelines set forth in the Department and Hospitals' policies and procedures as they relate to staff collector and patient account management responsibilities.
- Assists internal and external customers; promotes and improves positive and professional image of department for all customers including patients and their representatives, payer representatives and medical and nursing staff.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Associate's Degree in Healthcare, Business, Finance or other relevant discipline required.
- Minimum of five (5) years demonstrated progressive hospital or physician collections experience required. * In lieu of Associates degree, will take ten (10) years of healthcare experience along with a High school diploma / GED.*
- Working proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.