MGR FACILITIES MANAGEMENT
Job posting number: #7068661 (Ref:hlj_26828)
Posted: August 7, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Manager of Facilities Management is a subject matter expert related to the complex building systems, equipment and emergency procedures in place to support the Center. This position will represent the department for a variety of internal customers, regulatory agencies, and external vendors with responsibility for planning, budgeting, coordinating and auditing work completed by Facilities staff and vendors.
The Ideal Candidate
- Familiarity with AHCA, Joint Commission, Life Safety Codes and other Authorities having Jurisdiction. Strong team building and leadership skills. Ability to use considerable initiative, think independently, and exercise sound judgment.
- Understanding of the Facility Guidelines Institute "FGI" 2014 edition.
- Understanding of Florida Administrative Code Chapter 59A-3 Hospital Licensure
- Understanding of the National Fire Protection Association - NFPA 101 Life Safety Code and NFPA 99 Health Care Facilities Code
- The Manager organizes and directs the team on fulfilling department and hospital goals, oversight of operating and capital budgets, and ensures facility work orders and preventative maintenance services are completed successfully.
- Manages projects from master planning through construction into occupancy.
- Along with Safety Officer, ensures that all safety, life safety, and environment of care measures are adhered to. Also assists the Design & Construction team in safe and timely implementation of projects.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree required in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Business Administration or related field.
- Bachelor's Degree, in a Healthcare Administration and/or Engineering field, will be considered "in lieu of" two (2) years of the minimum ten (10) years Facilities Operations/Maintenance experience.
- Minimum of ten (10) years* of experience in a Facilities Operations/Maintenance role is required.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of Hospital/Healthcare/Medical Facilities and/or Support Services experience required (may be inclusive of the overall experience).
- Minimum of five (5) years Facilities/Healthcare/Support Services supervisory or management leadership experience required.
- CFHM (Certified Facilities Healthcare Management) required.
- Valid driver’s license required. Must obtain Florida driver’s license within 6 months of hire.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.