Job posting number: #7068666 (Ref:hlj_26840)
Posted: August 7, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- PRN (As needed)
- Day Shift (7a-7:30p), Monday-Friday, rotating weekends
- PRN Nursing Pool Patient Observers float to all inpatient units as needed.
- The Patient Observer is responsible for providing constant inpatient and/or remote patient observation and surveillance under the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN)
The Ideal Candidate
- Student currently enrolled in BSN program.
- Video Monitor Tech experience in an acute care setting
- Responsible for providing constant patient observation and surveillance under the direction of a registered nurse (RN) of assigned patients.
- Observation includes more than one patient at a time.
- Must be able to clearly see all patients for which he/she is responsible at all times.
- Uphold established Moffitt Cancer Center customer service standards at all times.
- Must be able to verbally redirect the patient from engaging in risk behaviors.
- Utilize the technology required for visualization and interventions for safe patient care.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High school/GED diploma, required.
- Basic computer skills, required.
- BLS required
- 1 year of patient care experience, preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.