Research Assistant I_Immunology
Job posting number: #7071553 (Ref:hlj_27874)
Posted: October 29, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- A Research Assistant I position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Shari Pilon-Thomas in the Department of Immunology.
- We are seeking a highly motivated, organized, and team-oriented individual to assist with processing patient samples for our translational research projects focused on immunotherapy for the treatment of solid tumors.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn new tasks and to work independently.
- Has prior experience working in a laboratory.
- Is familiar with math calculations of dilutions, concentrations, and using scientific notation.
- The employee will assist the PI and other lab members by performing research and experimentation following established protocols.
- The employee will also be required to maintain detailed records and comply with established laboratory protocols for documentation of samples.
- Takes weekly inventory of laboratory supplies and performs other routine laboratory tasks.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High school diploma required; must be pursuing related degree
- Hands-on research experience preferred
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.