Research Project Specialist_Immunology
Job posting number: #7071557 (Ref:hlj_27875)
Posted: October 29, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Pilon-Thomas Lab department is seeking for a Research Project Specialist
- The Research Project Specialist serves as a project coordinator for the TIL program. Creates, modifies and maintains databases for research samples. Works under the supervision of the PI.
- The Research Project Specialist assists with the management of study samples and data. Works independently under minimal supervision to coordinate the activities of assigned research protocols. Also may conduct and perform experiments as part of the research team under the general guidance of Dr. Shari Pilon-Thomas.
- Research is focused on strategies to enhance Tumor Infiltrating Lymphocyte (TIL) therapy in patients.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Is an experienced researcher with knowledge in techniques and methodologies of Immunology
- Is familiar with multi-color Flow cytometry
- Has extensive experience with T cell culture, immunological assays, and processing human blood cells
- The Research Project Specialist works with the assigned PI and the research team working on the assigned projects/protocols. Job duties may include preparing documents for clinical/laboratory protocols and database management.
- Promote a collaborative environment within the laboratory and with outside collaborators
- Provide supervision and guidance to other lab members with their ongoing projects
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience is required; OR Master's degree in relevant field with a minimum 2 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Experience with database management, project planning and working within the context of timelines and deliverables; also, experience with managing multiple experiments/projects, prioritizing workflows. Must be able to deliver results in a timely and resource effective manner.
- Hands on experience necessary, along with experience in the use of basic office equipment, computers and MS Office software.
- Must have the ability to work well under the pressure of meeting mandatory deadlines. Must have good organization skills and careful attention to detail. Good oral and written communication skills required. Must have ability to plan, organize and coordinate multiple work assignments. Need to have the ability to read, write, interpret and apply instructions to assigned activities. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.