Job posting number: #7072399
Posted: November 20, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionJob Summary
Under the direction of the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), the Cybersecurity (Information Security) Manager assists with the development and delivery of an information security program at Auburn University. The scope of this program is university-wide, and the purpose is to protect University information and its infrastructure from threats; ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of University data; and that the University complies with statutory and regulatory requirements.
Oversee and manage a team of security specialists that provide cybersecurity operations including a Security Operations Center (SOC), systems and network security monitoring, penetration testing, firewall and related infrastructure management, network traffic analysis, and cybersecurity consulting for the University community. Mentor security staff within the group. Assist with Governance, Risks and Compliance (GRC). Consult with leadership on security matters such as security frameworks, policies/procedures, and strategic planning.
Mentor the Cybersecurity team members and implement professional development plans for all members of the team.
1. Creating cybersecurity infrastructure designs of current and future network and incorporates appropriate mitigation of existing and emerging threats.
2. Identifies security design gaps in existing and proposed network security architecture and recommends changes/enhancements.
3. Lead the Security Operations Center (SOC) and ensuring continuous monitoring of Cybersecurity events.
4. Provide guidance and lead Auburn’s Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Strategies and processes.
5. Provide guidance and lead Cybersecurity awareness and training to include Phishing campaigns.
6. Provide guidance and strategic planning for Security Incident Event Management (SIEM), both in the cloud and on premise.
The Cybersecurity Manager will provide assistance with Governance, Risks and Compliance by coordinating the development of University information security technical standards, guidelines and procedures based on a recognized framework of best practices and in support of Auburn University Policies and regulations such as FERPA, CMMC, and GLBA. Engage in professional development to maintain continual growth in professional skills and knowledge essential to the position.
Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
Education Level Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
Field of Study
Business Administration, Management, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field
Years of Experience Eight (8) or more years
Area of Experience
Demonstrated successful experience in information technology that includes a minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible experience in information security. Must possess full or advanced proficiency and understanding of Security Operations, Security Operations Center (SOC) processes, Network Security, and Cybersecurity Governance, Risks and Compliance. Experience as a manager preferred. Experience leading projects involving multiple team members can be considered as management experience.