RN Case Manager
Job posting number: #7097993 (Ref:27084583920)
Posted: April 13, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- The Care Coordinator promotes inter-professional synchronization throughout the acute episode, and completes effective handoff to the next level of care or community to ensure continuity of care
- The Care Coordinator proactively assesses, identifies, and works to mitigate the risk posed by barriers to the patients’ transitions of care.
- The Care Coordinator works in partnership with the patient and/or care partner(s) to develop a comprehensive, individualized transitional care plan. Participation and leadership in patient rounding activities, huddles, and committee meetings is expected, where appropriate.
- The role requires the successful completion of annual competency training, as assigned.
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing.
- BSN preferred.
- Current State Licensed Registered Nurse (RN).
- Certification by an approved entity preferred within one year of eligibility, e.g. CCTM, ACM, CCM. American Heart Association.
Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA)
Competencies (Complexity of Work):
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum of three years of recent RN clinical experience required. Minimum of two years of recent experience in Utilization Review, Quality, or Care Management preferred.
- Knowledge of acute care regulatory/accreditation requirements preferred. Discharge planning and/or Quality Improvement experience preferred
- Requires full range of motion, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
- Requires normal or corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
- Sedentary work exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (Occasionally: active or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time) and /or a negligible amount of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Cleveland Clinic Health System administers an influenza prevention program as well as a COVID-19 vaccine program. You will be required to comply with both programs, which will include obtaining an influenza vaccination, COVID-19 vaccination, or an exemption.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.