Senior Financial Analyst
United States, OH
Job posting number: #7097912 (Ref:27032456864)
Posted: April 12, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Prepares, analyzes and communicates key financial information.
- Provides support to management and other staff members regarding financial reporting and other issues.
- Assists with budget preparation, budget review for compliance and financial planning processes.
- Consults with all levels of management to provide decision support for initiatives, policies and procedures.
- Performs special projects and duties related to research, forecasting and conflict resolution as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Support timely and accurate cash flow and inform depreciation projections of capital projects related to construction.
- Help to maintain portfolio roadmap based on spend projections and timelines. Makes perpetual updates as needed based on project timeline revisions.
- Manages lifecycle flow of capital requisitions to invoice payments, helping to inform cash flows.
- Work with project management information system support to improve cash flow projections and models.
- Attend regular touchpoint reviews with owner’s representative, construction manager and end users, to understand if projects are on schedule and are meeting timelines.
- Support Owner’s Representatives in developing and maintaining construction project funding plan for large projects in coordination with Capital Accounting funding requests.
- Track and report project available funds against project funding plan to inform Owner’s Representatives and Capital Accounting on funding timelines.
- Develop process and procedures around project budgeting in collaboration with Construction and Capital Accounting.
- Ensure budgets are up to date and accurate in project management information system.
- Maintain, track, and report on contingency, commitments, and anticipated costs to complete.
- Ensure appropriate budget categories are used in regards to funding change orders.
- Track and report project financial health of projects to key stakeholders leveraging project management information system.
- Develop process and procedures in collaboration with Construction and Capital Accounting around project givebacks including throughout the life of a project. (look to SLA use as a measurement)
- Works with construction, supply chain, capital accounting, and project sponsor to close out projects.
- Assist Owner’s Representative in reconciling final POs and finalizing timely project givebacks.
- Drive consistency and accuracy between systems and data in coordination with Construction and Capital Accounting.
- Ensure appropriate internal controls are being adhered to.
- Prepare financial presentation decks as needed.
- Liaison between Construction and Capital Accounting.
- Develop metrics and analytics for design & construction around assigned duties.
- Ad-hoc duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, business or related field required.
- Master's Degree preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) certification preferred.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Ability to complete complex analytical, consultative and information support through analysis and report preparation.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated understanding of key performance indicators, cash flow analysis, product line analysis and proposal development.
- Minimum four years financial or revenue cycle management or general analytical experience.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- Offset: Master’s degree and three years of experience.
- Offset: Cleveland Clinic Finance Fellow experience may offset one year of required experience.
- A high degree of dexterity to produce materials on a PC, normal or corrected vision to normal range, extensive sitting and frequent walking, occasional lifting or carrying 5 to 15 pounds.
- Requires ability to travel to other parts of the Foundation to attend meetings.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
Keywords: Financial Analyst, Budget, Cash Flows, Chargebacks
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Cleveland Clinic Health System administers an influenza prevention program as well as a COVID-19 vaccine program. You will be required to comply with both programs, which will include obtaining an influenza vaccination, COVID-19 vaccination, or an exemption.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.