Job posting number: #7126671 (Ref:ccf17859092)
Posted: April 3, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Provides imaging and patient care services at defined levels to patients. Provides technical expertise and direction to technologists as needed.
- Under the direction of the Clinical Manager, supervises and coordinates work activities of assigned personnel
- Schedules work assignments and prepares master schedule
- May perform payroll time sheet for employees
- Provides training, guidance and feedback to employees
- Assists with interviewing applicants and recommends selection
- Maintains procedure manual and communicates changes to staff
- Assists with all policies and procedures required by local, state, or federal law
- Assists with compliance or credentialing bodies (ACR, MQSA, Medicare, Medicaid, FDA, etc.)
- Assists with instrument calibration and records to ensure compliance with quality assurance requirements
- Ensure and maintain quality control, radiation protection and safety standards
- Prepares and administers contrast media and/or medications within accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal regulations
- Ensure quality assurance test are performed daily/weekly and all policies and procedures are adhered to
- Provides technical direction with complex cases and problem solving
- Schedules routine preventative maintenance on equipment to meet safety and regulatory standards. Instructs other area personnel in protection, as needed, and ensure their safety
- Prepares and checks patients prior to procedure
- Acquires patient questionnaire, chart, data/requisition and reviews all
- Verifies and validates patient screening safety form
- Performs imaging procedures required per protocol
- Educates patients regarding procedures, equipment and exam to ensure understanding and cooperation
- Performs venous punctures as necessary and maintains competencies
- Ensures patients’ comfort and safety during and after the exam
- May assist with scheduling of patients as needed
- Knowledgeable in acquiring, archiving, transmitting and printing images via PACS
- When applicable, knowledgeable in afterhours transmission of images and appropriate paperwork
- Immediately reports any malfunctions to help desk and PACS Administrator
- Reviews process films/scans to determine quality and need for additional images
- Observes potential equipment dysfunctions and reports problems to appropriate individuals calling for service as required
- Maintains available equipment up-time at the highest level for patient accessibility
- Knowledgeable in billing via RIS
- Provides instruction/mentoring to new hires and on-going training of technologists
- Continually strives to learn new technical information and skills through attendance of period in-service programs and participation in professional affiliation sessions
- Leads participation in modality enterprise meetings or specialized committees or projects within the Diagnostic Institute
- May be assigned to primarily one specific site, but is required to provide leadership and clinical coverage for other imaging modalities and/or locations as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited educational program in Radiography
- Must be a Registered Technologist credentialed by The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists R.T.(ARRT), in good standing; specific credential dependent on modality or may also be credentialed as a Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer, RDMS, through the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers or be a Certified Nuclear Medicine Technologist through the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board: C.N.M.T. dependent on modality.
- Current state licensure required prior to employment, dependent on modality.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision.
- Strong communication skills are essential to provide excellent care to patients and families
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum 2 years recent modality experience.
- Ability to direct, evaluate and supervise others.
- Must be able to lift or assist with lifting patients of varying weight and manipulate equipment daily.
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.