H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
Job posting number: #7137019 (Ref:hlj_44118)
Posted: March 29, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
We are currently looking for a Nursing Supervisor. The Nursing Supervisor is responsible for efficient operations of the hospital to include administrative oversight during the off-shifts, weekends and holidays, and acts as leadership designee in the absence of the Chief Nursing Officer/ Vice President of Patient Care Services. The Nursing supervisor creates an environment which supports effective communication, leadership and customer service skills demonstrated by collaboration with nursing units and ancillary departments to ensure that daily operations runs smoothly. Provides leadership and supervision of the PRN Float Pool, to include interviewing, coaching and counseling, compliance with competencies, shift availability and performance expectations, recognizing and rewarding staff performance.
- The Nursing Supervisor is responsible for ensuring adequate staffing levels and allocation of staff in order to meet the needs of patients; forecasting future staffing needs based upon staffing matrices and average daily census in a fiscally responsible manner.
- The Nursing Supervisor coordinates activities with other hospital departments, effectively collaborates and communicates with department leaders, patients, medical staff and the public regarding policies and procedures, standards, regulations and other issues of importance and performs related duties as required.
The Ideal Candidate
- The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Previous management/ supervisory experience required
- OCN certification
- Leadership experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from an institution accredited by the ACEN or CCNE
- Efficiently coordinates the management of patient care, including patient admissions, assigning patients to care areas and approves the transfer of patients while maintaining sensitivity for age appropriate and multi-cultural needs and/or issues of patients, families, visitors and staff and multidisciplinary collaboration.
- Assists in clinical decision making by maintaining awareness of new diagnostic and treatment procedures and protocols as well as appropriate resources to obtain current, accurate information.
- As a leader, participates in the development, coaching, education and mentoring of nursing and patient care staff and leads or participates in special projects.
- Promotes and monitors the orientation, growth, and development of personnel by mentoring RN staff to develop skills to manage patient care systematically and assisting the Education Department by teaching appropriate in-services/classes for staff.
- Attends and participates in scheduled Nursing Administration and Administrative Coordinator meetings and participates on a Nursing Division or hospital-wide committee.
- Interviews and makes recommendations regarding the hiring of staff.
Credentials and Qualifications:
BSN from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution with at least one year of relevant experience or ASN from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution with 2 years of relevant experience and enrolled to complete BSN from an ACEN or CCNE within 2 years of hire
FL RN License
Previous management experience as a registered nurse in an acute care setting.
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.