PATHOLOGY OFFICE ASSISTANT
Job posting number: #7151646 (Ref:hlj_46116)
Posted: June 2, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Performs a variety of clerical duties and data entry within the Anatomic Pathology section of the laboratory.
- Works closely with the Clinics in preparation for Tumor Board and for clarifying additional information needed prior to the patient's visit.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Will have an Associate's degree.
- Has a minimum of two years medical office or hospital experience with extensive data entry and customer service skills.
- Has previous experience with computers, computer software (MS Office – Outlook, Word and Excel) and general office equipment such as fax machines, copy machines, and scanners.
- Will have the ability to work closely with the pathologist assigned to the specific program.
- Triaging phone calls, receiving and logging of materials (slides, blocks and reports) received for review; accessioning of cases into the pathology application (PathNet).
- Handling send out requests to refer patient material or records to outside facilities; return of materials to contributor on a timely fashion and coordinating the filing and archiving of all pathology, bone marrow and cytology reports.
- Faxes, scans and/or distributes all pathology reports and reference laboratories results to the physician's and medical records.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High school Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be able to demonstrate sound working knowledge of computer keyboard. Minimum typing of 45 WPM.
- Strong organizational skills. Uses judgment in the performance of all duties and responsibilities without direct supervision. Has the ability to work independently.
- Ability to multi task effectively and adapt to change are key requirements for success.
- Ability to effectively triage and transfer phone calls with competent phone etiquette skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of professionals with varying nationalities.
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.