Research Data Coordinator I
Job posting number: #7151651 (Ref:hlj_46119)
Posted: June 2, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Research Data Coordinator I is responsible for the data management of multiple research projects. The position is required to review and synthesize information from medical records (clinic notes, pathology reports, radiology reports, patient questionnaires, etc.) to extract industry, cooperative, and investigator-initiated trial data as specified by assigned research protocols. The role works with the study coordinator and monitors regarding all data requirements to ensure data is captured according to the study protocol. The Research Data Coordinator I consults frequently with the study coordinator and trial sponsor and internal monitors regarding data requirements, query resolution, and data capture. This position has the opportunity for career growth within the Research Data Coordinator career path.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Must have experience in data abstraction, utilizes various sources such as data collection tools or subject’s medical records and enters into an electronic database system, while maintaining privacy and protecting PHI.
- Must have experience in data management enters accurate data in a timely fashion, identifies data discrepancies, missing data and follows up with resolution.
- Must have experience in general quality assurance and quality checks on the data such as proofing for data entry errors and maintaining accurate data.
- Demonstrates an understanding of medical terminology, most specifically terms related to anatomy, physiology, oncology, pathology, radiology and cancer treatment modalities.
- Must be comfortable talking to physicians, patients and health care professionals.
- Must have the ability to plan, organize and coordinate multiple work assignments; develop and maintain effective work relationships.
- Must have the ability to read, write, interpret and apply instructions to assigned activities.
- Must have experience in the use of basic office equipment.
- Perform data abstraction across a large research study portfolio for studies ranging in timelines with a growing team by accessing different technologies sources and tools.
- Maintain high quality data by protecting patient privacy, performing quality checks within internal databases, completing quality audits and resolve all data queries from internal or external reviews.
- Collaborate with study coordinator to document and report study patient enrollment, treatment, and follow-up into study database, including protocol adherence, adverse events, and treatment outcomes.
- Deliver strong customer experience by establishing expectations, timelines for deliverables, and proactively communicating with all customers.
- Attend and actively participate in regularly scheduled multidisciplinary tumor boards, staff meetings, disease site program research meetings and role specific meetings
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High School diploma required. Associate’s Degree preferred.
- 1 year minimum of experience using automated data processing techniques, word process software or data base software programs. In lieu of experience, an AA/AS degree is acceptable.
- Must posses effective verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills with staff and other healthcare professionals.
- Must have ability to prioritize and pace one’s self when working under pressure of deadlines and work volume.
- Successfully demonstrate competency by meeting established competency guideline/checklist annually.
- Knowledge of EMR systems (e.g. Powerchart), clinical trial management systems (e.g. OnCore) or other data entry systems. Experience with clinical trials preferred; previous experience in a medically related field or an understanding of medical terminology preferred.
- Experience with interpretation of various aspects of a medical record, familiarity with confidentiality requirement and security of research subject data. Coursework or experience in medical terminology or anatomy and physiology. Previous experience in a medically related or research field preferred.
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.