SCHEDULING COORD NEW PATIENT
Job posting number: #7151653 (Ref:hlj_46111)
Posted: June 2, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The New Patient Scheduling Coordinator is responsible for scheduling new patients and new established patients as calls, emails or request are submitted. As part of these processes, the position is responsible for gathering accurate information, explaining forms and policies and answering questions from the patients.
The New Patient Scheduling Coordinator will work individually with each patient to ensure their information is entered correctly in the computer systems. This includes working with various patients and daily call volumes.
We are currently looking for a New Patient Scheduling Coordinator to join our team.
- Acts as a liaison between new patient and clinical team by communicating with the referring physician, Physician Relations, MMG providers, Clinical staff, CCA’s and the patient to correctly schedule appointments.
- Triages patients based upon department specific algorithms while collaborating across all service lines.
- Performs pre-registration or registration and schedules appointments with appropriate appointment attributes.
- Requests additional medical records and review necessary data to triage appointment.
- Coordinates all clinic encounters for new and new established patients to include ancillary services when ordered.
- Reviews insurance data, validates and enters information from the patient to ensure that insurance allocation for each encounter is accurate by following Managed Care guidelines.
- Explains required registration elements to the patient and gathers information, and explain the Electronic Patient Questionnaire.
- Provides new patients with expectations of the new patient experience emails or mails new patient packets.
- Capture information / document accurately in the registration system.
- Initiate the process to obtain medical records from the referring provider's office.
- Communicate with ordering providers, patients and other parties to obtain and share regular status updates and access issues. This includes verbal and written (email, online or fax) communication and using AIDET as appropriate.
- Keep an organized work environment (both physical and electronic).
- Update the supervisor and clinical team on challenges scheduling appointments on a regular basis.
- Consult with clinical resources in clinically complex situations.
- Triage new patient requests to the appropriate clinical service Medical Oncologist, Surgeon, Radiation, etc.
- Meet high quality output based upon department and/or Clinic Access standards while yielding quality results.
- Communicate and complete requests to align with department standards timely and accurately.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- 3 or more years of scheduling experience in a hospital, outpatient facility or physician office environment.
- Experience with oncology patients
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 years of customer service experience
- 3 years of scheduling experience with at least 2 of those years scheduling in a hospital, outpatient facility or physician office environment.
- Medical terminology knowledge
- Strong computer skills
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.