RESEARCH SAMPLING COORDINATOR I
Job posting number: #7183043 (Ref:hlj_49798)
Posted: September 27, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
he Research Sampling Coordinator I (RSC I) assumes the responsibility of supporting and performing clinical research sample processing within the Clinical Trials Laboratory Core.
The RSC I will normally receive daily instructions for routine work and detailed instructions for new assignments in regards to the preparation, collection and processing of protocol samples. The RSC I will be familiar with and follow established procedures and supported protocols within the lab while under supervision. The RSC I will also routinely perform specimen packaging for shipment under IATA 1.5 requirements for dangerous goods.
The role requires the potential for travel between Moffitt campuses or Satellite campus locations to support core services.
An overview of the role:
- Follows established procedures for specimen preparation, processing and storage as well as possible shipment of biological specimens within the protocols supported by the core. Schedules incoming core service requests.
- Prepares protocol specific, visit specific, collection materials and delivers for next day usage to location customers.
- Processes routine liquid preparations and also has the potential to support more complex preparations with some degree of supervision.
- Prepares shipments of biological samples for external central labs and other vendors that are performing offsite analysis.
- Collects, organizes and files protocol specific data on a weekly basis.
- Maintains laboratory equipment in a clean and working order including performing instrument standardization and freezer maintenance.
- Serves as a resource to members of the Clinical Trials Office when called upon in lab.
- Maintains QA program which includes:
- Keeps self-current with laboratory trends and techniques, including biosafety and IATA 1.5 diagnostic shipping training and certification.
- Follows infection control techniques for preparation, handling, and possible disposal of samples.
- 95% of the time in a laboratory, in the presence of reagents and dry ice while handling human biological fluids. 5% of the time in location customers around the cancer center, including clinical units, hospital patient floors and wings.
HS/GED + 3 years laboratory experience in academic, industry, clinical, research, or veterinary lab.
(OR) AS Degree in Biological Science or related field + 1 year laboratory experience in academic, industry, clinical, research, or veterinary lab. (OR) BS Degree in Biological Science or related field + 0 years experience
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.